2014 All-Albertan Song Contest Rules
1. Entrants must be Albertan and living in Alberta at the time of entry.
2. Entrants will record and submit an original, new, non-released song about Alberta. The song must be written and performed by the entrant.
3. Entrants will submit the song in a commonly used electronic audio format (i.e.: MP3), or on a CD.
4. Entrants will submit a legible lyrics sheet.
5. Entrants will submit a photo of themselves.
6. Entrants will submit contact information in a separate document, including song title, home phone number and e-mail address; that information won’t be disclosed to parties outside the contest.
7. Audio files of each song entered will up uploaded to the wearealberta Sound Cloud account for the duration of the contest.
8. Entrants can not be employees, or family members of employees, or board representatives, or family members of board representatives, of ATB Financial, the Alberta Foundation for the Arts, CKUA Radio, or Alberta Music.
9. The winning entrant:
a. Receives $10,000 from ATB Financial
b. Receives $2,000 toward the professional recording of a “radio-ready” version of the song, from Alberta Music
c. Will be considered to have the song included on an upcoming Alberta Music Sampler
d. Agrees to record a “radio-ready” version of the song at a professional recording studio arranged by Alberta Music
e. Agrees that the professionally recorded version of the song will appear on Alberta Music’s Sampler if selected
f. Is free to negotiate for and decide on any further uses of the song, and retains its copyright
g. Agrees to be photographed and interviewed for a story on the ATB Financial community website wearealberta.ca
h. Agrees to allow Alberta Music to use his/her likeness and information about his/her winning entry in its promotional materials
i. Agrees to perform a live concert for ATB Financial for an additional talent fee at to-be-determined date and location (within Alberta)
10. The second-place entrant receives $3,000 in cash from ATB Financial.
11. The third-place entrant receives $2,000 in cash from ATB Financial.
12. *Entries will be accepted through the entry form found on this page or through conventional mail to:
21st FL 10020 - 100 Street
13. Entrants’ materials will not be returned. Due to logistical considerations, the contest administrator will not be able to guarantee acknowledgment that an entry has been received.
14. Deadline for entries is 12:00 pm, September 3, 2014.
15. From the pool of entries, a short-list of three to six entries will be chosen from a panel of judges from Alberta Music, CKUA and ATB Financial.
16. The short-listed entries – both song and lyrics – will be posted on ATB Financial’s community website wearealberta.ca. The short-listed entries will also be made available for download on the website CD Baby. Proceeds from each download will be donated to the charity of ATB’s choice. Entrants agree to this, without qualification.
17. Albertans will be invited to vote on ATB Financial’s Facebook page, Twitter and Instagram for their favourite entry from the short-list. Each “like” on Facebook and Instagram and each “favourite” on Twitter count as one vote. Each song download on CD Baby counts as 10 votes.
18. The winning entries – first place, second place and third place – will be chosen from a combination of public voting and a final round of judging.
19. The first-place winner will be revealed live on CKUA radio on September 25, 2014.
20. ATB Financial, Alberta Music and CKUA assume that all entrants – by their submission of songs for this contest – agree to these rules.
*Entry submission details to be updated – check back for further details.